Monosyllabic Pedantry

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Life of a HomeOwner

The hot water heater is on the fritz. It was made in 1987, so it has a pilot light, which won't stay lit. Since we have gotten back from SF, I have gone out to the garage, lit the pilot, and turned it on. Fwoosh! It lights up, heats the 40 gallons of water in the tank, then goes out. When we take showers in the morning, it's still plenty hot enough.
I tried to get a new heating sensor for it a few years ago, but couldn't find one. It's so old and crappy, and it would cost about $100 to have it repaired, I figure I'll just buy a new one.

In other news,
I went back to the gym yesterday for the first time since I hurt my back. As expected, I've lost all my strength and every muscle in my body hurts.

At work, we have invested thousands of dollars in one of my designs and it's not working. The good news is that we have determined that the failure is not from my design; it's not my fault. Phew!

My mother's friend is buying a villa in Turkey. She has invited my mother to stay there for a month this summer. I told her not to smuggle any drugs into the country.

1 Comments:

  • Mom's coming home with your new Turkish step-father. Congratulations!

    After various injuries, layoffs and general slothfulness, I'm afraid to go anywhere near the gym.

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats