Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, August 24, 2007

Current Events

Let's see...what's going on in the world?

I haven't been back to the gym since I started aikido, not much at least. My membership expired in august anyway, and they are upping the cost to where it's not worth it.

A coworker pointed out to me that the local state college has a fitness center, and if I join whatever endowment association, then I get access to it. The cost of membership? $250/year! That comes out to about $20/month! Find a gym anywhere that can come close. They have a full weightroom, aerobic equipment, the works, plus a pool! Not to mention, the eye candy is a nice bonus. I love this fashion trend of 19 and 20 year old girls wearing tiny little shorts with signs on the ass.

It also feels great to be sore from lifting.

Aikido is going well. I wish I could get it quicker, but it's far more complicated than karate. I'm having trouble feeling my opponent's energy, and my previous training often works against me.

We're moving the school at the end of September.

The house looks great. Wish I had a camera.

Can ANYONE believe that Lindsey Lohan is getting off with about a day in jail?!!!!

She only had:

2 DUIs, 2 counts of possession of cocaine, transporting a narcotic into a custodial facility, driving on a suspended license, drinking underage and fleeing the scene of an accident.

All over America, white people are shocked, and black people aren't.

In identical news, Nicole Richie is only getting 82 minutes in jail, when all she did was:

On December 11th of last year, Nicole Richie was arrested after driving the wrong way down the Burbank Freeway. When sheriffs deputies found her, she was parked on the freeway, talking on her cellphone. When questioned, she admitted she was high on vicodin and had been smoking marijuana. This was not her first DUI. In 2002, she was arrested for driving 50 miles per hour in a 15 mph zone near UCLA. She had a .13 blood alcohol level, almost twice the legal limit. Six months later, she was convicted for possession of heroin and driving on a suspended license.

Oh yeah, the legal system is fair.

Mike Vick's loser father is in the paper, saying Mike is "Deeply into Dogfighting". Other quotes from dear old dad:

"I wish people would stop sugarcoating it," Boddie said. "This is Mike's thing. And he knows it."

He "likes it, and he has the capital to have a set up like that."

"I told him basically, 'You don't need to be doing this [dogfighting]. You got bigger fish to fry. You got more important things that you can do.' "

Boddie recalled telling his son to transfer the property to the name of one of his friends: " 'Take this place right now, put it in one of their names because if anything goes wrong . . . it's you they coming after.' "

Thanks Dad!

Not surprisingly, with family like that, Mike signed the plea deal.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats