Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, May 04, 2009

Jury Duty

I have jury duty this week. This is the first time I've been called for this. I went in at the appointed time. We were all corralled into a huge room full of chairs. There were two huge tv screens at the front of the room. Between the screens and the woman behind a microphone, we were instructed as to our responsibilities. Then we were organized according to the trials that we were assigned to; about 60 people per trial.
We were sitting there; I was reading a book; for about an hour when we were instructed that the defense had copped a plea at the last moment. We were released for the day.
I have to call every night to find out if I am expected to appear the next morning.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I would pay one million dollars to see the look on the lawyer's face who had to ask you questions to see if they should preemptively remove you.

    But I'm glad to hear that you didn't wander around complaining loudly about how not being allowed to carry in the courthouse was unconstitutional.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 12:08 PM  

  • please oh please let there be cameras in the courtroom

    By Blogger Sarcastro, at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats