Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, December 30, 2005

Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Tabby

The local creative loafing has a story about Tabby, the stripper with the shaved head.
It turns out that she's quite the political activist by day. The short version is that, according to the FBI, "somebody had informed them she was planning a trip to Iraq". When this news was coupled with other aspects of her life, a red flag went up at the FBI:
  • She doesn't have a car, a driver's license, or a bank account.
  • Tabby Chase isn't her birth name. She was born Jeanette Helen Winsor but changed her name five years ago when she moved to Atlanta.
  • In February, Chase traveled to Washington, D.C., to work for a group called Action Medical Research at President Bush's 2005 inauguration. Chase says she was a "street medic," someone who dispenses first aid at progressive rallies and marches.
In the summer of 2004, Chase had been kicking around the idea of joining Circus2Iraq, a group that performs for children in war-torn countries. But she says she couldn't scrape together the money for a plane ticket and, after hearing that several members of the group were killed while in Iraq, decided against going.

This all led to the dreaded phone call from the FBI. "We want to ask you a few questions." Which they did. She brought a lawyer with her and spent about 90 minutes with the feds.


I don't think exporting strippers to a muslim country, to perform for children, is going to win us any points with the imams. Then again, she also worked as head dominatrix at the Chamber, the now-defunct S&M club, so maybe she could whip those Sunnis into submission.

It turns out that I unwittingly supported a leftwing organization. I may have the FBI knocking on my door soon.

6 Comments:

  • I cannot begin to tell you how delighted this makes me.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 7:54 AM  

  • ...I was actually misquoted a lot in this article that aside though, I'm wondering, aunt B, what part of a complete waste of tax payer money to harass someone for doing volunteer work, "delights" you?

    tabby
    tabithachase (nospam) gmail.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:11 AM  

  • Oh, god, Tabby, no. That part made me extremely pissed off.

    What delights me is knowing that this big old libertarian dude is paying for my drinks and tipping you while bitching about liberals. As much as he claims to not like us, he's sure spending a lot of time around us.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 6:34 AM  

  • I couldn't be more thrilled. I have a hot celebrity reading my blog.

    That brings my readership to at least 5 people!

    By Blogger Exador, at 9:18 AM  

  • One other point. I never said that I didn't like liberals. You can be 100% wrong on just about every aspect of political and social life, and still be likeable and fun to be around.
    Plus liberal women are quicker to get naked. Who wouldn't love that?

    By Blogger Exador, at 8:50 AM  

  • The conservative women tend to be tighter. Oh, come on! I meant fiscally.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats