Monosyllabic Pedantry

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Hobbling Once More

I'm a doofus. I was at the gym. At lunch, there are several old guys, who are apparently retired because they are happy to spend all day at the gym. One was doing the usual camping out on a back machine. I asked if I could cut in "while you're resting".
On this machine, you put your chest against a pad and pull the bar straight back.
Here's the doofus part: The pad was set way too far forward, and I was in too much of a hurry to adjust it back. When I pulled the weight, 200 lbs went to my lower back. I thought I could have handled it, but when I stood up, I felt a wierd little twinge in my lower back, that got progressively worse. Stupid stupid stupid

If history is a teacher, I'll be laid up for a week. Damn.

1 Comments:

  • Welcome to my recurring circle of hell.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats