Monosyllabic Pedantry

Monday, January 09, 2006

I Love Rollerderby


Update:

Last night's episode was ok. The Hellcats came in last, last year, so they trained like maniacs, developed more as a team, had physical development and team cohesion; then they still lost to the Holy Rollers, who had none of the above. Draw your own life lessons.

The Rollergirls link below has a "generate your own Rollergirl name" feature. I entered Aunt B's and got "Tight Mixer".





I caught A&E's new series Rollergirls last night. I've been meaning to go to see the Atlanta RollerGirls for a while, but all my friends were too hung over, and then the season ended.

Rollerderby is like if the WWF and Burlesque had an illegitimate daughter. It's naughty without being dirty. It's one continuous catfight; always entertaining.

It's right up my white trash alley.

5 Comments:

  • Put away you left wing wackin' stick. It just fit in with the trailer park genre.
    Although, Bravo, for fitting in gay marriage and society's criticism of single motherhood.

    No chip there.

    By Blogger Exador, at 3:57 AM  

  • Is it wrong that I find this fight a little hot?

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 6:23 AM  

  • I can't think of Roller Derby without thinking of Jim Croce

    By Blogger Kat Coble, at 9:37 AM  

  • I can't think of Roller Derby without thinking of Raquel Welch.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

  • "Tight mixer"

    You made that up.

    By Blogger Aunt B, at 10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats