Monosyllabic Pedantry

Friday, May 22, 2009

At least Thursday night will be free

I can't believe NBC is cancelling My Name is Earl. That, and The Office are the only shows I watch on the low three.
Apparently, NBC wants to be the Saturday Night Live All the Time station. If you haven't fellated Lorne Michaels, they don't answer your calls. How else can you explain their new Thursday night lineup:

THURSDAY
8-8:30 p.m. ­ SNL Weekend Update Thursday (multi-episode run)
8:30-9 p.m. ­ Parks and Recreation
9-9:30 p.m. ­ The Office
9:30-10 p.m. ­ Community (moves to Thursdays 8-8:30 p.m. after 30 Rock returns)
10-11 p.m. The Jay Leno Show

SNL Weekend update?! Are you fucking kidding?
Parks and Recreation sucks. Amy Poehler just isn't funny. It's not in her blood.
Community stars Chevy Chase, who hasn't been funny since I was ten, despite way too many attempts.
Every single solitary Jay Leno show has been exactly the same. Just pick one and repeat it.
30 Rock is only ever funny because of Alec Baldwin, but I still can't watch it because of the off-chance that Tracy Morgan will be shown, forcing me to throw something heavy at my TV.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Pretty much if I like it, it will be cancelled. I thought Better off Ted was hilarious, for example. Oh well. More time for reading.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
counter stats